Additive White Gaussian Noise, Bandwidth Efficiency, Binary Phase Shift Keying, Bit Error Rate, Direct Sequence-Code Division Multiple Access, Extended BPSK, Modulation.
||The Author(s) 2016. This article is published with open access at www.chitkara.edu.in/publications
In a last few decades there has been tremendous growth and a drastic rise in wireless communication technologies. The major issue that the world is facing today with the advent of so many sophisticated wireless communication devices is efficient utilization of the spectrum. Spectrum efficiency comes together with a tradeoff factor of energy consumption. Thus, the need of the hour is an energy and bandwidth efficient technique. DS-CDMA is one of the competitive and most investigated technique in wireless communication which caters the large demand at the same time with limited bandwidth. Existing modulation techniques does not promise to provide better performance in case of higher noise. Therefore, one looks for a better BER stipulated modulation format to improve and enhance the performance of the system. This article revisits conventional Binary phase shift keying method and compares its performance in terms of BER with a special Extended Binary Phase Shift Keying (EBPSK) modulation format for a DS- CDMA system. EBPSK scheme is flexible and simple which is easily integrated in a network and assures improved and enhanced performance.
||Print : 2321-3906, Online : 2321-7146
- Blume, O.; Zeller, D.; Barth, U., Approaches to energy efficient wireless access networks. In Proceedings of 4th International Symposium on Communications, Control and Sig - nal Processing (ISCCSP), Limassol, Cyprus, 3–5 March, 2010; pp. 1–5. http://dx.doi. org/ 10.1109/ISCCSP.2010.5463328.
- Tucker, R.S. Green optical communications—Part II: Energy limitations in networks. IEEE J. Sel. Top. Quantum Electron. 2011, 17, 261–274. http://dx.doi.org/ 10.1109/ JSTQE.2010.2051217.
- Mahmoud, Seedahmed S., Zahir M. Hussain, and Peter J. O’Shea. “BER Performance of DS-CDMA System Over a Frequency Selective Multipath Rayleigh Fading Channel.” (2003). http://dx.doi.org/ 10.1109/ICEEICT.2015.7307511.
- Bin, L.; Zheng, Z.; Weixia, Z.; Wanxin, G. Particle swarm optimization based non-coherent detector for ultra-wideband radio in intensive multipath environments. EURASIP J. Adv. Signal Process. 2011, 2011, 341836. http://dx.doi.org/ 10.1155/2011/341836.
- Wu, L.; Feng, M. On ber performance of ebpsk-modem in awgn channel. Sensors 2010, 10, 3824–3834. http://dx.doi.org/ 10.3390/s100403824.
- Shikai Zhang, “EBPSK Modulation with Very High Bandwidth Efficiency,” International Conference on Information Science and Technology March 26-28, 2011 Nanjing, Jiangsu, China. http://dx.doi.org/ 10.1109/ICIST.2011.5765319.
- M. A. Rahman, M. M. Alam, Md. Khalid Hossain, Md. Khairul Islam, Khan M. Nasir Ud - din, Md. Shahinuzzaman, “Performance Evaluation of a DS-CDMA System in a Rayleigh Fading Environment”, December 2015. http://dx.doi.org/ 10.4236/wjet.2016.41001.
- Chen, Xian-Qing, and Le-Nan Wu. “Nonlinear detection for a high rate extended binary phase shift keying system.” Sensors 13.4 (2013): 4327-4347. http://dx.doi.org/ 10.3390/ s130404327.
- S.K Zhang, L.N. Wu, “The general binary phase modulation and demodulation method,” China patent Publication Number: CN1889550A, 2006.
- Man, F.; Lenan, W.; Jiajia, D.; Chenhao, Q. “BER analysis and verification of EBPSK system in awgn channel” IEICE Trans. Commun. 2011, 94, 806–809.10.1587/transcom. E94.B.806.
- Feng Man, Xia Shuqiang , WU Lenan, “Research on High-speed NFC Transmission Based on High-efficiency EBPSK Modulation” 2013. http://dx.doi.org/ 10.1049/cp.2013.2390.